Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We're leaving...

tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in Missouri. Some of my mom's family will be there, so I will be able to see some cousins and their kiddos that I haven't seen in awhile! It should be a fun time. Also, I will get to see my sisters, who I don't get to see often enough, and my Grandparents!

I hope to come back with some pictures to share our weekend with you all. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

This season reminds me of when I was growing up. Whenever we were grumpy teenagers and not liking our current situation, my mom would send us to our room to think of 10 things we were thankful for. We were not allowed to use the generic answers, either! I hated that, but it always worked. ;) In fact, I could use a little bit of that in my life right now. So, here are 10 things, in no particular order, that I am thankful for:

1. A wonderful husband who still loves me in spite of ! (He knows what I'm talking about)

2. Healthy, happy children who desire to please God and enjoy doing 'votions. (devotions)

3. A great new church, that is restoring some of my faith in the "conventional" church.

4. Wonderful in-laws who I feel love me as their own.

5. My parents and sisters who I know will always be there for me, no matter what! (and who I can be completely ridiculous with!)

6. My girlfriends, Jody and Mel, who I can't imagine living here without!

7. Dog Days - this workout "class" that I have been going to for a bit now. It pushes me more than I would ever push myself, and I feel good when it's over.

8. The family business that provides us with so much more than just a "job".

9. I'm thankful all of my kids are potty trained!

10. I'm thankful my sister's husband is back home from 15 months in Iraq, safe and sound! PTL

So, what are some things you all are thankful for?

3 comments:

The Domestic Intellectual said...

I had totally forgotten about mom's "thanks" lists! Well, here is 10 from me:

1. That I have a great roommate who makes my life easier, not harder.

2. That I am involved with a church where the truth is taught and I can live in true community.

3. That I have a job that uses my gifts and allows me to impact the city.

4. That God has never yet let me go through a month when I couldn't pay my bills.

5. That I am very shortly going to see my family that I love! (Is it cheating to copy one of yours?)

6. That I am 29 and not sorry about it at all:-)

7. That I am making new friends almost every week.

8. That I have outlets for creativity on a weekly, if not daily basis.

9. That I live in such an amazing place and time in history.

10. That I belong to the God of the Universe who loved me enough to sacrifice His only Son through the heinous pain of the cross, therefore satisfying His perfect justice and allowing me perfect intimacy with Him!

See you in just a little bit!

Anonymous said...

The 10 thankful things is a good idea. My brain can't think of all that right now, or I'd oblige you! Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family. Give everyone a hug for me. Love, Gen

TulipGirl said...

I keep waiting to see a pic of Emily and Jason!