Thursday, November 1, 2007

Zoo

First, I wanted to let you know that all the pictures from my England posts maxed out my allowed picture space, so I decided to start a blog just for our vacations. I have transferred all of my England posts, except the last one, to that blog. So, if you want to read them again or anything, go there. (I have a link to it under my blogging friends, it's Asher Vacations.) Though, when I transferred the posts, the pictures decided not to work, so I need to re-upload all of them. Thus, it's mostly words at this point. I'm hoping to do that sometime in the near future. :)



The kids and I went to the zoo last week. It was one of the last warmer days for awhile.


Here are some cute pictures of Joanna on the way down to the Zoo. She loves to wear this hat. Notice she has it on inside out!



Here are Hannah, Abby, and Isaac climbing on an Orangutan statue.

This is inside the Chimpanzee and Orangutan house. They had a little alcove for the kids to sit in and watch the chimps. (Sorry it's such a dark picture.)

Now all 4 are climbing on an Orangutan.

Here are Hannah, Abby, and Joanna posing in some tall grass. (You can barely see Jojo in there!)


Joanna just chillin' in the stroller.

The train at the Zoo is free and the kids so enjoy riding on it, so we took a short ride that day. Here are Isaac and Joanna turning around to look at me.


We went to watch the penguins. (This exhibit was just built this past spring.) They mark the different penguins with colorful bands, to keep track of them. Hannah, Abigail, Isaac, and Joanna were picking different colors to be their "teams" , then they would watch them race. If only the penguins had known that!

They would run back and forth watching their penguins go.

We tried to get a picture of all of us together. When you ask strangers to snap a picture for you, you can't be too picky about the turn out. At least we've got some with all of us in it.



I know the date is wrong on all the pictures. I haven't changed it, yet.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks from the pictures like your England trip was a great success! Are you going home for Thanksgiving? I'll try and give you a call this weekend to catch up! Gen

My name is April. said...

Those pictures are fun! It's funny looking at the pictures of Hannah and Abby. It reminds me so much of how Stacey and I interacted when we were little. Maybe you feel the same way about your relationships with your sisters??
Very cute, looks like you had a good time!