Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend #1

It ends up that I have more pictures than I expected, you know we had so much fun, so I will make this 2 posts.

We arrived late Wednesday night, the first ones there. Rebecca and my grandparents arrived Thursday afternoon, and most everyone else arrived sometime Friday. So, the plan was for me, Rebecca, Grandma, and Mom to make several batches of pierogis (Polish food) for us to take home.

Here we are hard at work.

Some pierogis after assembly, before they are boiled then fried in butter. YUM!!

Abigail helped us for a bit. We want to pass on the tradition, so we can still have pierogis in our old age! :) All the kids helped at some point or another, but we didn't get any pictures.

Here's Isaac "napping" during some of the work. He did actually take a nap, but when Daniel took this photo he was just being cute!

Hannah had fun playing with this doll house for quite awhile.

Daniel was kept busy chopping wood.



Then on Friday the kids had fun going exploring with Grandma in the woods.

And they're off!

Here we are doing what we do best, socializing! (My sister Rebecca, cousin Andy, and Grandma.)

Hannah went to take the trash out to the big can at the bottom of the driveway and called Izzy to come with her. I wasn't fast enough with the camera and really needed the zoom lens, but here they are on their way back up.

More to come soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, pierogis! They definitely are among my favorite foods. But the funny thing is I don't remember ever having them when we lived in IL.

Aliza

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm glad you guys had a great weekend! What fun it is when a big family gets together! We're making our Christmas pierogis soon, too! Waylon wants to take a week or long weekend next year in MO to hunt turkey. (April I think) He should pick vacations next week and I'll let you know when it is so maybe you guys can plan a trip down at that time, too! Maybe we can convince your other siblings to come, as well! Love, Gen