Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Great Quote

I "stole" this quote from my sister's blog. I just think it is such a wonderful reminder of how much God cares for us. He knows us so intimately. He will NEVER give us more than we can handle, and He knows what that is better than we do. How many times have people come through difficulties realizing they, with God's amazing grace, were stronger than they could have ever imagined!

I have been reminded so often lately that the narrow road comes with it's hardships. Duh! The wide road has plenty of it's own, too! The question is not about choosing a trouble free path versus a trouble full path, it's whether you choose the path that has God and His army on your side to help you along, or the path that leaves you all alone with no help along the way. No one to fight specifically for you. What a sad, lonely place to be.

I am so thankful that God called me to Himself and I chose to follow. What an awesome army to be a part of! Thanks to all of you, my friends and helpers along this narrow path. I pray that I can help fight for you, too!

The everlasting God has in His wisdom foreseen from eternity the cross that He now presents to you as a gift from His all-knowing eyes,

understood with His Divine mind,

tested with His wise justice,

warmed with loving arms

and weighted with His own hands to see that it be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for you.

He has blessed it with His holy Name,

anointed it with His grace,

perfumed it with His consolation,

taken one last glance at you and your courage,

and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from God to you, an alms of the all-merciful love of God.


--St Francis de Sales

1 comment:

The Domestic Intellectual said...

I actually got this quote first from one of my profs at Berea College: Fred de Rosset. It has been more encouraging to me than just about anything else recently. Glad it spoke to you as well!

Thanks for the birthday greetings! God is always good!