Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Cookies!!

I have such fond memories of making Christmas cookies with my mom and sisters around Christmastime. So, I talked with a friend and we set up a time to get together and have a "frosting Christmas cookies" party! :) She actually did most of the work. She made up the cookies ahead of time and had most of the frosting supplies all ready. We just had to show up and bring some sprinkles.
Thanks so much, Mel! The kids had such a great time!!


Here's all the kids making creative cookies.

Hannah with some sprinkles.

Joanna frosting.

Look at the smile on that face!

I kept snapping pictures here and there between helping kids frost, chatting with Mel, frosting some of my own cookies, etc. Somehow, I didn't get a picture of just Abigail and Isaac frosting. :( I was surprised to see how much Isaac enjoyed this. When the big girls were done and ready to play, he just wanted more cookies to frost. His technique was to put frosting on the cookie, then pile high a bunch of sprinkles, mini M&Ms, chocolate chips, and anything else he could use! Maybe you can pick out some if his designs from the cookie pictures. Here are the fruits of their labors: Cookies! Cookies! Cookies!







Now, when we go to Grandma and Grandpa Wilt's house, they should be pros at Christmas cookies! We are going to make some more while we are there. (See my secret is to make cookies at other peoples' houses then the mess is not at mine!) =)


They also took some breaks for playtime.
"Princess Joanna with her baby."

7 comments:

Dustin and Stacey said...

how fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't make cookies right now, but after seeing how much fun your kids had I guess I might have to change that in the future.

Aliza

Anonymous said...

Wow! What colorful cookies! And somebody made some really fancy ones! Yummy! Love, Gen

Test said...

What fun! You friend is brave ;-)
Heather

Anonymous said...

I don't know any other way to get this message to you...Happy Birthday!

May all your prayers be answered, may you feel loved like never before, and may you realize how cherished you are!

Momma Amy said...

Thanks Sara! :)

I had a great birthday and hope to post about it soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad your birthday was great! It was so great to talk to you for a bit! Love, Gen