Saturday, April 14, 2007

Poo or Chocolate ?

Well, today is a day of cleaning and preparation. I and 4 kids are leaving tomorrow for a 9 hour drive to spend a week in Missouri with my wonderful family. While we are gone, our pastor and his son are going to paint our Living Room and Hallway. So, we need to get the house cleaned up and the rooms ready to be painted. I'm a bit nervous and excited!

I grew up with a mother who felt strongly that all walls should be white or some version of white. When my sisters and I convinced her to let us paint our room a very light green we were excited! Well, I have chosen a color that is not white, or even close to it. It is techinically called autumn wheat, but I painted a small area on the wall and now I'm a little nervous. Right now I think it looks a little like poo, but I'm hoping when all is said and done it will look more like a room full of chocolate! Who wouldn't like that ?! So, maybe I will take some pictures of before and after and see what opinions you all have. I'm thinking that I should just blame my mom for all my trepidation being that she attempted to brainwash me with the "white walls rule" and all.

Now back to laundry, packing, cleaning, and everything else on my to do list today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've always been so afraid of painting anything but white, as well. In this house, though, we went with light tan (big difference, eh?) a little bit darker tan (flirting with danger) and sage green! I love it, by the way. When we repaint the basement I want a different color down here, too. How nice that you don't have to do the painting! Have a good time with Emily. Can't wait to see her (next week) and you all (next month)! Gen