Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Family

Hannah and Isaac sitting on the deck



We have been here in Missouri, visiting my parents, now for 2 days. The kids have been in "Grandparents Heaven." All the special treatment, playtime, and don't forget the sweets!

They have been so busy watching the cows and horses, playing in the playhouse with water from the little creek, playing with the kitties, running around outside with almost 100 acres available to them, shadowing Grandpa & Grandma, and they still have naps(Isaac & Joanna) or do school (Hannah & Abigail). They are getting some wonderful fresh air and lots of exercise!

Hopefully, Thursday I will take some pictures and post them. Then anyone who loves nature and the outdoors can be jealous. :) You might even have to plan a visit to Black, Missouri and stay at their vacation rental, Koinania Cottage. Check them out at Koinania (Isn't it my duty to spread the word, however shamelessly?)

Tomorrow we (me and 4 kids), drive up to Springfield, IL to visit my Grandparents, my cousin Alice & kids, and my sister Rebecca! Plus, I will meet up with my sis Emily, from Kentucky. Then she will accompany us back down to MO. It should be fun!

I'm excited to see everyone and spend some time together. Phone calls just don't do justice! I only wish my cousin Gen lived closer so she could visit with us too!! :( At least we have Memorial Day weekend!

Well, I promised my mother that I would bake a cake for her, so I should get to it.

6 comments:

My name is April. said...

Isaac looks like his mama! Well, I don't know what his dad looks like :-) but I can see your eyes! :) Keep posting, it's fun!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Isaac is looking so old! He's really lost that 'baby' look! Hannah is still such a doll! It's hard to believe she's 6! And you guys married 7 years? (sorry I forgot a card) I hope you and Em had a good visit with everyone. What kind of cake did you make? I made the Wilt's chocolate cake last week for a co-worker's birthday. I've got them hooked! It's great because then I get it more often! Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forgot to sign my name in the last comment. :-) Love, Gen

TulipGirl said...

Oh, it sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... you're finally back. I only called you and left three messages, right? I know.. I'm pathetic. What would I do without you! This blogging thing is cool. Don't know that I'm cool enough to start one. Wanna go for walk?