Sunday, October 5, 2008

Enough

So, I had to try this Cutest Blog on the Block thing. They have TONS of cute, free backgrounds. If you have a blog, check them out. Also, super easy to use too. You can't beat that!

On a different note, my couple of local girlfriends that I have "Girls Night Out" evenings with, have been really busy and got a lot going on in their lives these days. I have been feeling pretty neglected and needy for some time away from the kiddos and I have a more than willing husband. I recharge by spending time with other people. I need people, adults specifically. :) I would happily go out with Daniel, but that means needing a babysitter, etc. So, I've been having various pity parties for myself and lamenting that I don't have more friend options for this area, you get the point. :) Well, today in church I felt like God was asking me, aren't I enough? Do you need more than ME? Obviously not, but my gosh darn flesh is being "fleshly," and I'm really quite good at pity parties. (Just ask my husband and sisters!) So, I am trying to get some perspective and when the whining starts, I am going to remind myself that Jesus IS enough. I know He is, I just need to live it. Which is easier said, than done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog IS too cute! Love the fall theme! If I could be there for a girls night, I would!! Love you, Gen

Dustin and Stacey said...

Hey girl! I can kinda relate. I don't have kids. But I am having to adjust to Dustin working 70-80 hours a week. So I've had a lot of lonely weekends, with my regular friends being busy or moving away lately. I have been thinking about getting involved in a small group at my church. It's been on my mind alot lately. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels like that though.