Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Love Garage Sales!

I am really excited about my latest find! I was at a garage sale and saw a huge box of books. My kids LOVE books, so I thought that I would start looking through it and see if I found any that I liked. I found about 10 right off the bat and wasn't feeling like going through this whole box. (I guessed there was almost 100 books in there.) So I thought, the sale is supposed to end in 30 minutes, maybe she'll be willing to make a deal on the whole box. I had $20 in my mind. I know they were worth more than that, but this was a garage sale and just because their worth more, doesn't mean that I have more.

Anyway, I asked if she would be willing to sell the whole box. She was interested and we bargained back and forth until I bought the box for $13. I was thrilled! She told me that she had to use a dolly to get the box out there, so we used the dolly to get the box to my car. It was a big box!!

When I got home I asked Daniel to come help me get the box inside. It ended up breaking and spilling the books in our trunk. So, we got a new box, and I said let's count the books as we move them. We counted and there was, get ready, 351 books!! I had no idea it was that many. A lot of the books are Dr. Seuss type and in really good condition, some are educational, and there are some nice posters, too. I was amazed!

Hey, at least the woman doesn't have to cart 351 books back into her house now!

I just have to sort through them all and decide what to keep, what to donate, and whatever else. So far, I've only found 2 that I don't like and about 5 that aren't in very good shape.

That's just 1 of many reasons why I Love Garage Sales!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the deals you can find at garage sales! It's like an adventure every Saturday.

Aliza

Anonymous said...

Wow! You go girl! 351 books! That is crazy. Even though I don't read much myself, I just LOVE to have books! I miss reading to my kids. It was so enjoyable. I haven't hit any garage sales yet this year. They're just starting. Maybe after this weekend! See you tomorrow! Love, Gen

TulipGirl said...

How fun!