Saturday, January 31, 2009

Isaac

Well, today my little boy turns 5! Five is a bit of a milestone in our family because that is when you are allowed to have GUM. Let me tell you, this boy has been waiting for 5! :)



I remember being so surprised when he was born. We decided not to find out what we were having. I already had 2 girls, I was raised with 2 sisters, and my sis-in-law had 4 girls at the time, so I was convinced that I would only have girls. So, when he was born and Daniel leaned over and said to me, "Isaac's here." I could hardly believe it! I was so shocked. A boy? Thank You Lord! He knows the desires of our heart.



Isaac has been such a blessing. He is an amazing boy. I love to see the natural boy things come out. He loves bugs/animals just like his Daddy. Any type of ball, car, truck, dinosaur, gun, or tool and he is thrilled! He also has a real sweet, kind personality. He has a natural caring for others, which just touches our hearts. He was born with manners. We didn't have to teach him to say "please" or "thank you" he just did it on his own.


Here are some more pictures of "the boy" from the last year or so.



























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaac looks like his Daddy.

Emily said...

He looks so cute! I cannot believe that I forgot his birthday!? Well.... that was when the ice storm came through and we didn't have power.
Please give the little man a bunch of hugs and kisses from Aunt Emily and Uncle Jason!

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

What a sweetie! I love the first pic of you and him. He looks adorable there! Love, Gen

~the gambill gals~ said...

Amy, you are such a good mommy! God has blessed you with a lovey family and it is obvious that you are a great blessing to them. And we am always so blessed when we read your blogg.