Thursday, September 6, 2007

Still Here

I have not forgotten about my blog, though you may have thought so. We have been pretty busy here with the usual life stuff, especially starting First Grade with Hannah and Abigail. It's pretty fun overall, but has it's stressful moments, too. It's interesting to see some of their different strengths and weaknesses. At this point Hannah seems to excel in Reading and Abigail in Math. Those of you who know them are probably not surprised. Home Schooling does take up several hours of my day, so computer time definitely takes a back seat! :)

Hopefully this weekend I will finish off the England posts and post some pictures of our Labor Day adventures and other fun things!

See you then!

3 comments:

TulipGirl said...

Loved all the pics! The girls are in 1st grade together? The first year we were back in the states, the boys were in school-building-school instead of homeschooled. I knew T and R would do best in 1st together, but the school counselor (who did have a lot of experience with mks) recommended otherwise. I still think that was a mistake. . .

What are you doing for school? I bet you inherited some good materials from your folks! (As I did from mine and Hubby's. . . even a few things from the Kanes!)

Momma Amy said...

Hi Xande,

When we started K with Hannah we told Abigail she could do it as well, if she wanted to, but it was not required. She was enjoying it and kept up well, so we just kept going. Now we are planning on schooling them together unless she shows signs of falling behind. So far it's working well.

We are using Calvert curriculum, which is different than what my parents used, so we're just buying it new, (That's what tax returns are for, right?) but I found out this year that you can get up to 40% off if you family meets certain requirements. So I applied and we got it. Very nice!

My cousin homeschooled both her kids together and they just grdauated this past year. They are also about 1 year apart. She gave us the idea to try H and A together. I'm enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Starting 1st grade! Those young years are soooo sweet, aren't they? Have lots of fun with them! Make lots of cookies together! Guess what? Mike enlisted in the Navy! He'll be leaving January 8th! Ugghh!! It's so exciting, yet so weird! Someone else now 'owns' my son--he belongs to someone else more than me! Too weird. I'm holding back the tears until January! I hope you guys had a great weekend in MO. Can't wait to see you again! Love ya, Gen