Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Get Ready London!

We fly out to London in exactly 2 weeks! I am so excited, nervous, overwhelmed, and surprisingly calm. I think that it hasn't quite sunk in yet, all that I need to do before we leave. We actually leave to drive out to Missouri first to drop off some kids at G & G Wilt's a little earlier. So, I really only have about 12 days. AAGGHH!

For those of you who don't know, we are going to a friend's wedding in England and seeing some of the sights of London. We will be there for a week. It will be exciting to see quite a few people we haven't seen in years, some of them I have never met.

I am really excited! Daniel is too, but he has traveled so much in his life that my excitement beats his a little bit! :) I have been just over the border in Mexico, been to Canada, Thailand, and Nepal. I have never been to Europe, but have always wanted to go. YEAH!

We went to Thailand and Nepal on our honeymoon, so it's been 7 1/2 years since a long plane ride. I wasn't involved in all the planning and preparation of that trip, so this time it has been quite different. I'm just hoping that everything goes smoothly.

Please keep us in your prayers and the kids especially. We have never been gone from them for more than a night, so this will be an adjustment. Thankfully we are blessed with generous parents and siblings! I have complete faith in Grandparents and Aunt Emily. Thank you guys so much!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like such a fun trip! But I can see how the thought of leaving the kids for a week seems hard.
Aliza

TulipGirl said...

Wow! Have a wonderful time! We still haven't made it to London. . .

My name is April. said...

Have fun!

The Domestic Intellectual said...

I love my wonderful world-traveling family! You are going to have a great time together and London is a great city... Be sure the get some really good fish and chips and do something REALLY touristy, like taking a double-decker bus ride;-) Hopefully I will meet up with you on your way home too.

Anonymous said...

12 days!! I can't believe it's coming so quickly! You guys will have such a wonderful time togther, inspite of missing your kiddos. Hopefully I can talk to you before you fly out and see you when you come back through! Love you, Gen

Test said...

Have a ball!!!
heather