Thursday, August 7, 2008

Exercise.....


Gen asked me in a comment how my exercise was going, so I thought I would just post my answer. No "fantastic" results as of yet, but I'm trying to stay positive! I looked back at my calendar where I've been keeping track (since I don't remember such details very well). For the last 14 weeks straight I've exercised 5 times a week. By exercise I mean doing a 30-45 minute exercise video and sweating like crazy! (Not counting the Pilates I've been doing in the evenings for the last 4 weeks, too.)


I feel pretty good and I'm glad that I've kept with it, just disappointed in my lack of "results." At least what I consider results! :) I've only lost about 4 lbs. in the past 14 weeks. I'm happy for that, but was really hoping for more. :( The only thing that I've really noticed is that my wedding ring has gotten pretty loose and I'm gonna need to resize it soon.


So, I'm pretty much complaining here. :) Sorry! I've just got some frustration here!! Daniel and a couple of friends have said that they think I'm toning up, but it's just hard for me to see it on myself. A friend suggested I measure myself to see how many inches I lose, so I think that I might try that. What I've really been trying to do is not let myself get too down and just throw my hands in the air and quit. I will not be a quitter! So, I'm gonna keep truckin' and we'll see what happens. I've got 3 months left until we leave for Hawaii, so I'm not gonna stop now! :)


Thanks for "listening."

3 comments:

The Domestic Intellectual said...

You can do it, girl! Measuring is the most accurate judge of weight loss when exercising... I usually follow the clothes rule as well... if they don't fit differently I need to do something different:-) For me that has been eating veggies instead of bread and really keeping off the sugar. When I am out I don't always stick to it but I am always into leaving room for imperfection:-) It makes me feel better physically and not so unhappy when I see myself naked:-P

Can't wait to see you at the end of the month!

My name is April. said...

Oh do keep going! Exercise is hard work but I applaud your devoted effort. I think my body is allergic to weight loss or something. It is so difficult for me to lose weight. But one thing that always encourages me is to consider it an act of worship to engage in good physical activities and healthy eating. So here in Seoul I've been considering it an act of worship to walk instead of using the subway once in a while, or when I'm sick of and cursing the wretched stairs, I remind myself that I can worship God through it. It sounds silly but it's accurate in all the other choices in our life right? We choose to do things that glorify Christ right? So when we choose a healthier food option, or when we choose to work our body through exercise, then why can't that choice be considered the same way?
I hope you find more encouragement and motivation when you measure yourself and realize that you're building muscles as well as losing weight. That's great!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Just keeping at it is half the battle! Gen