Thursday, January 31, 2008

Isaac



I remember 4 years ago today, January 31, 2004, Daniel announcing to me that "Isaac was here." I was in disbelief! I had 2 sisters growing up and really wanted a son someday. I had already had 2 daughters (which I am very thankful for!!) and the girls far outdid the boys in Daniel's family. So, I was just sure that this one was another girl and I was very happy with that. Then Isaac was born and what a surprise and blessing he is!


Today he turned 4 years old. This morning he walked into my room and tapped my arm. I turned over to look at him and there he was just grinning and holding up 4 fingers. How exciting to be 4 years old! He's getting closer to 5 which is when he can have gum, and he just can't wait for that. He has tried to convince us in the past that he is already five, but we know better. :) He then went into the bathroom where Daniel was in the shower and said, "DAD!" Daniel replied, "How ya doin' buddy?" Isaac, "DAD!" Daniel, "Hey big boy!" Isaac, "DAD!" Daniel, "What, Isaac?" Isaac, "I'm 4!" :)

Isaac is one of the sweetest little fellows. He is so gentle, kind, thoughtful, and such a delight. He can also be the goofiest, silliest boy! He loves being Dad's shadow, especially when Daddy is fixing anything! He walks around announcing, "I'm Daddy's helper. I'm a good fixer man!"


Today it snowed and Daddy ended up being able to stay home all day. Yeah! We had a nice relaxing day at home. Isaac helped me make some brownies for his birthday and he got to put sprinkles on them! We look forward to a year with our big 4 year old boy!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, big boy! Love, Gen

TulipGirl said...

Awwww! Boys are fun!